Length: 6 Pages Maximum
Choose a real organisational case illustrating questionable organisational and management practices that have been critiqued in the public spaces. Examples include companies, such as BP, BHP, CommonWealth Bank, Toyota, WorldCom, VW; government agencies such as the Wheat Board, Wollongong Council; non-profits, e.g. Health Union, FIFA, Essendon Football Club.
You are welcome to choose a case from your home country as long as it represents questionable organisational/management practices and has been under public scrutiny.
- Analyse the reasons for these questionable organisational and management practices including the judgements made by leaders/managers of these organisations via relevant organisation theories. How accountable do you see have managers and leaders of the chosen organisation been in their actions and decisions?
- You must draw from two different Organisation Theory lenses from the following list of Organisation Theory perspectives:
- Agency Theory
- Institutional theory
- Stakeholder Theory
- Power and Politics
- Ethical & moral dimensions of Organisation Theories
- Approaches on employee co-ownership and commons
- Organisational culture
- You must illustrate your deepening personal and critical awareness of management and organisational practices and how theoretical lenses in the literature can illuminate these practices