Please refer to the resources provided on CDS Central. They are intended to help you engage effectively on the discussion board.
Read the case by O’Donnell and Swanson (2016), “Trade-offs at Ella Baker Public Charter School,” from the University Library.
Write a 250- to 300-word response to the following:
- Discuss the purpose of vision and mission in an educational setting. Consider the following:
- Should a school’s vision and mission communicate an idealized end-state or a set of measurable behaviors? Why?
- Should vision and mission be viewed as distinct,related, or reciprocal? Why?
- Discuss the role of the instructional leader in supporting a school’s vision and mission. Consider the following:
- In what ways should an instructional leader communicate the vision and mission?
- What impact on instructional goals should be expected?
Include your own experience as well as 2 citations that align with or contradict your comments as sourced from peer-reviewed academic journals, industry publications, books, and/or other sources. Cite your sources using APA formatting. If you found contradicting information to what your experience tells you, explain why you agree or disagree with the research.