Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 19 and 20
- Week 3 Concepts
Initial Post Instructions
Choose one of the following topics for your initial post:
- Let’s start by discussing the structure of our blood vessels. Let’s each take a characteristic of (1) arteries, (2) veins, or (3) capillaries. Build upon what your classmates say to enable us to have a fuller understanding of these vessels that are essential for our existence.
- Cardiac output is the amount of blood ejected from the left or right ventricle in any given minute. Cardiac output must be maintained in order to keep sufficient blood flow through the capillaries. Identify and describe the factors that directly affect blood flow in the circulatory system.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer or the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references