Answer the following:
1. What is the perceived relationship between a dividend and the price of the stock before and after the date a person must own the stock to receive the dividend?
2. Does the paying of dividends affect your personal investment decisions? Do you currently own any stocks that pay dividends?
3. Might the decision to own stocks that pay dividends might change as a person gets older of retires? Why or why not? How might risk aversion enter in to the discussion?
Participation Requirements:Original discussion forum posts:
- Create a thread for your original post identified with your name.
- Prepare a quality, substantive post that addresses the objectives of the discussion forum and the expectations set forth in the grading rubric
- Include supportive evidence; such as direct applicable experience and expert sources.
- Due no later than Wednesday, 11:59 pm, CT