Instructions: Briefly discuss the impact of external societal factors on a juvenile’s decision to participate in delinquency. As part of your response identify at least three (3) different external societal factors that can influence a juvenile when deciding whether to participate in delinquent behavior.
Each assignment response needs to be 3-4 pages with APA 6th ed. citations and references. Do Not Use MLA or any other form of referencing.
All homework assignment must be written in an academic tone. You are not to write in the first person. Instead you need to use third person. Remember, an academic essay is not to be written like you are having a casual conversation with your friends. Do not include slang or foul language unless you are quoting someone.
Large word-for-word quotes are not permitted as well. Direct quotes, if used need to be only a sentence or two long. Instead, most cited material needs to be paraphrased. For more information on properly citing sources in your assignments please refer to the APA 6th edition manual. While the assignments are to include an examination on current research of a particular problem, they also need include the student’s careful and informed analysis of the problem.
The assignment needs be written in 12’ font, using Times Roman. Margins will also need to be 1’.
- Each assignment will need to include the following:
- The original question at the top of the essay (serves as the abstract)
- The body of your answer in several paragraphs
- A titled reference section that has been formatted according to APA 6th ed style.
- A minimum of two references per assignment. One reference can include the textbook. However, you will need to include several additional academic sources. These sources should consist of scholarly journals that have been peer reviewed and academically based books. Web sources can be used, though they should come from credible sources such as government agencies, academics and private agencies with a strong reputation within the community they serve. If you have a question Examples of peer reviewed scholarly based journals include:
Journal of Criminology Crime and Public Opinion Journal of Criminal Justice and Public Policy Justice Quarterly: JQ
You will not be allowed to use web pages or web groups such as Wikipedia found at http://www.wikipedia.org/ and Answers.com, as the information contained in these web pages are academically questionable. You cannot use web pages of a questionable background or academic source.
Furthermore, you will not be permitted to cite encyclopedias, dictionaries, newspapers (unless otherwise permitted) and popular magazines. It is important to remember that this is an undergraduate level class and you are required to submit graduate level work, which is backed up by academically credible material.