Week 10 – Assignment B – Short Writing Proposal Due
In this short writing, you’ll answer a series of questions about your chosen topic for the Researched Argument Pap’er. This assignment is intended to help you discover a topic and begin your research and writing process. You aren’t writing Writing Project #3 yet, this is just a proposal where you think and write about your ideas for your Writing Project #3. Make sure you don’t leave it for the last minute!
You need to answer all of the following questions (5 sentences minimum for each question):
- What is your topic? What do you know about the topic already?
- Why did you choose this topic over the others? Why does it interest you or why is it significant?
- Do you have strong opinions on one side of this topic? How will you deal with your bias in your project?
- What aspects of your topic will you need to explore in-depth to fully understand this issue? Where will you search?
- How will you narrow your topic? Write your “working” thesis statement.
- If you are not able to find enough information about your topic, how will you broaden your search? What other keywords/phrases can you use to search for information about this topic? List them here.