CM101 – Computer Concepts and Applications – Final Project
CM101 – Final Project
Save this checklist and the files you create in this project into your CM101/Final Project folder. After completing the tasks, ZIP the Final Project folder, then rename the zipped folder using the filename YourLastName_CM101 Final Project.
1. Internet Research and Microsoft Word (30 points possible)
a) Conduct an Internet search on 5G Technology. Following are suggestions for the search; you may include other information from your search:
· What is 5G?
· Advantages of 5G
· Disadvantages of 5G
· The Future of 5G
· Compare 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G
b) Using Microsoft Word, create a 5-7 paragraph research paper on your findings; cite 3-4 sources. The first paragraph should be an introductory paragraph; the last paragraph should be a summary paragraph. Use your MLA template to format the paper using the MLA style –> header, heading, Times New Roman font, font size 12, double spacing, first-line indent, and hanging indent for the resources, etc. Check for and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Use a title of your choice for the paper. Save the paper using the filename YourLastName_5G Technology.
2. Office Mix (10 points possible)
a) Read Productivity Apps for School and Work: Introduction to Office Mix in eBook section 1-5
(textbook pages PA-10 through PA-12).
b) View at least four of the YouTube Videos:
Office Mix Audio and Video Recording Tutorial –
Narrate Your PowerPoint with Mix! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz3Y26uduX8
Record and Create Video From PowerPoint Using Office Mix –
Office Mix Tutorial 2016 Microsoft PowerPoint –
Office Mix tutorial — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxYRm0baSp8
Office Mix Demo — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P18HWgv2Zs
Office Mix for Education Demo — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbY77Nb_1dI
Office Mix Slide Recording Tutorial — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaoEftR1D1w
Screen Recording with Office Mix — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU5DBjl_b4Q
CM101 – Final Project
3. A friend knows that you are just completing a computer concepts and applications course. The friend would like to know more about the course before enrolling in it.
a) Create a presentation that will help your friend make a decision about the course.
(Use PowerPoint, Sway, Prezi, or Animoto to make your presentation.) (30 points possible)
· Create a 7-10 slide presentation that summarizes concepts and applications you learned in CM101. Slide 1 should be a title slide that includes your name; the last slide should be a summary/ resources slide.
· Insert 1-2 slides for the computer theorya and concepts learned, and 1-2 slides for each major software application covered. The slides should present 3-4 concepts learned in each software application.
· Guidelines for your presentation. Include at least 8 of the following elements:
o Choose a design theme
o Choose at least 2 different slide layouts
o Add bulleted lists as appropriate
o Insert and style pictures and images as appropriate
o Insert and format a chart and a table as appropriate (Enter information of your choice.)
o Insert multimedia as appropriate – audio, video, music. (You may use Office Mix.)
o Insert and format a shape, WordArt, and/or SmartArt (Choose shapes and information of your choice.)
o Set slide transitions and timings as appropriate
o Animate text on at least 2 of the slides as appropriate
o Animate images on at least 2 of the slides as appropriate
o Add a footer (Center the text CM101 Final Presentation). Do not show the footer on slide 1.
b) Add an Office Mix to your presentation (audio, video, or both). Narrate 2-4 slides, or you may create an introductory or summary slide using the Office Mix tool. Mix is a tool in the PowerPoint application. It is on the WU computers; you may have to install it on your personal computer. (10)
c) Save the presentation using the filename: YourLastName_Final Presentation. If you create a Sway, Prezi, or Animoto video, you should provide the link to the presentation here. You will not narrate the Sway, Prezi, or Animoto video using Office Mix:
Link to Sway, Prezi, or Animoto video à
4. Your friend does not have PowerPoint; you will package your presentation for CD. (20 pts possible) Read the document: Save Your Presentation to a CD. You will not burn a CD, but will copy the presentation to a folder. Follow the instructions to copy your presentation to a folder. This folder will contain all the files, fonts, images, etc. needed so that your friend can view the presentation. Rename the folder YourLastName_Final Presentation Packaged for CD.
5. Complete the Course Evaluation requested by administration — http://sirii.cliksonline.com. Refer to your April 16 Washburn E-Mail for information regarding the course evaluation and your UserID and Password.
Be sure to save all files into your Final Project folder. ZIP the final project folder; rename the zipped folder YourLastName_CM101 Final Project. Submit the zipped folder into the Final Project dropbox.
Submit for grading:
1. YourLastName_5G Technology research paper (using the Internet and Word) ((30 points possible)
2. YourLastName_ Final Presentation – (includes YouTube videos & Office Mix) (50 points possible)
3. YourLastName_ Final Presentation Packaged for CD (20 points possible)
Submit this completed checklist to me on or before Sunday, May 6, by 11:50 p.m.
If you have any questions, use Office 365 Outlook mail to ask your question. Dr. Jolly
Save Your Presentation to a CD
You can create a package for your presentation and save it to a CD so that other people can watch your presentation on most any computer.
- Insert a blank recordable CD (CD-R), a blank rewritable CD (CD-RW), or a CD-RW (that contains existing content that can be overwritten) in the disk drive.
- In PowerPoint, click File, click Export, click Package Presentation for CD, and then click Package for CD.
- In the Package for CD dialog box, type a name for your CD in the Name the CD box.
- To add one or more presentations to package together, click Add, select the presentation, and then click Add. Repeat this step for each presentation that you want to add.
Tip If you add more than one presentation, they will play in the order in which they are listed in the Files to be copied list. To change the order, select a presentation that you want to move, and then click the arrow buttons (on the left) to move the presentation up or down in the list.
- To include supplementary files such as TrueType fonts or linked files, click Options.
- Under Include these files, select the applicable checkboxes, and then click OK.
7. In the Package for CD dialog box, click Copy to CD.
Note To save your presentation to a DVD, see Burn your presentation to a DVD.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SIR-II EVALUATION SYSTEM
Step 1: Open your (Washburn) E-mail App (NOT your D2L e-mail)
Log in at http://outlook.washburn.edu
Step 2: Find the e-mail sent on April 16th
from [email protected]
Reset your password at http://sirii.cliksonline.com
Step 3: Go to http://sirii.cliksonline.com and log in with your:
User ID à Your MyWashburn e-mail address
Password à sent to you in the “User Password” E-mail
Step 4: Choose the course you are evaluating and start the survey.